Justin and Terrell’s top tips to do within 2 kms of the Inn
We are biased of course but we like to think we have the best location in all of Banff. Here’s why:
Nearby activities all within walking distance:
- Walk to Bow Falls- walk down Muskrat and take the pedestrian bridge across the Bow river. Take a left and follow the path, which takes you up and down a few stairs to the breath taking view. (1.3 kms)
- Tunnel Mountain Trail head (1.1 kms). If you want to do a quick and yet rewarding hike with spectacular views of the town of Banff and the river valley, we recommend Tunnel Mountain. Want to know why it’s called Tunnel Mountain…ask our friendly staff!
- Banff Canoe Club (750 m). As the famous Canadian Author Pierre Berton once said “A true Canadian is one who can make love in a canoe without tipping it”. Joke’s aside, rent a paddle board or canoe and paddle along Vermillon Lakes, you will not be disappointed.
- During the winter: Don’t drive to the ski hills, take the buses to Norqway, Sunshine or Lake Louise. The bus pick up is 150 m away (1.5 blocks to the west of the Inn) in the public parking lot on Caribou Street between Beaver St and Banff Ave.
Restaurants and nearby amenities:
- Walk to Banff Ave’s restaurant and shopping area- The Starbucks on the corner of Banff Ave and Caribou is at the heart of the action. We are a short two block walk west along Caribou (250 m)
- Banff Brewing Co for local beer (400 m)
- Numerous steakhouses within 500 m to try Alberta’s famous beef
- If steak isn’t your thing, there many other options for local dinning. Talk to our staff for their local favourites.
- If you’d like to cook your own meals (we have a guest kitchen and fridge for your convenience), Nester’s Market (Grocery Store) is only 400 m away.