Mountain biking is a great way to discover Banff’s sites and the scenic trails of the backcountry.
- The Legacy trail is connecting Banff to Canmore and is one of the most accessible bike routes in this area.
- Minnewanka loop is a scenic on paved road trail travelling at the foot of Cascade Mountain, passing by Johnson lake and the old mining town of Bankhead.
- The Spray river trail is an easy backcountry fire road trail which goes as far as Kananaskis Country. Drive downhill to Canmore and either come back along the Bow River or bike back on the Legacy Trail
- Sundance Canyon is a great place to bike to through beautiful sceneries and a visit to the Canyon.
- Red Earth Creek fire road is leading to scenic Shadow Lake. If you have some time, leave the bike and do the loop to Egypt lake and back to the bike “parking”.
- Bike the 1A to hike to Cory Pass or Johnston Canyon or even reach Lake Louise by bike through this wonderful scenery.
- Bike the Fenland trail and visit the Vermillion Lakes.
- Visit Bow Falls, the golf course, the Banff Springs Hotel by bike
- Bike to the Hoodoos around Tunnel Mountain and find your way through the maze of biking trails east of the Hoodoos to return to Banff.
- Bike the artificial and technical trails of the Nordic Center
- Bike the best of the best the trail on Lake Minnewanka shoreline.
Ask our staff for more details!